An Equine Assisted Activity or Therapy (EAAT) is an experiential form of therapy that involves interaction between the patient and a horse. With the increase of EAAT in therapy sessions, clients with mental and behavioral issues are reaping the benefits of working with horses.
When using Masterson Method techniques, understanding how horses respond to touch and pressure is important to be successful with bodywork. The techniques that are taught by a Masterson Method Equine Specialist may have additional benefits to the participating clients.
- As an Masterson Method Equine Specialist, I provide techniques to Equine-Assisted Activities and Therapy (EAAT) programs in partnership with a mental health therapist.
- I will collaborate with a therapist to facilitate an Equine Assisted Therapy session.
- I am responsible for teaching and demonstrating the technique, then stepping back to allow the interaction to occur with the goal of keeping all participants safe.
- In the pre-session planning I help identify the best equine partner for each client. During a session I will provide early recognition of responses of a horse during a session.
- I can also visit your location to teach staff, volunteers, and clients how to do Masterson Method techniques on your hard working equine partners outside of a therapy session.